Quality of Life
When the work day ends, Bel Aire's greatest advantage shines. Located minutes away from Kansas' dining, shopping, and entertainment capital, Bel Aire enjoys the metropolitan advantage while preserving the values of small town community. Bel Aire offers a safe, friendly environment for employees and their families. From great local schools and recreation to active senior groups, Bel Aire has something for every age and interest.
- Bel Aire is served by USD 259 and USD 375 public schools as well as two private schools
- Bel Aire Recreation Center offers a wide range of programs for all ages, including youth sports leagues, exercise and gym facilities and a broad range of group activities and classes
- Bel Aire boasts two active Senior organizations that cater to community members over age 55
- Bel Aire maintains 5 public parks on which include two lakes and several playgrounds
- Over 90% of Bel Aire residents report commutes of 30 minutes or less
City of Bel Aire: Low Cost of Living, High Quality of Life
The Wichita Business Journal has released its annual ranking of cities in the Wichita Metropolitan Area. Bel Aire ranked 10th in population and 15th in cost of living index. The Cost of Living Index measures the cost to purchase a standard bundle of goods and services including groceries, housing, utilities, transportation, health care and other goods and compares those costs to the national average score of 100. The chart shows were the major cities in the metro area rank. Low cost of living index combined with the highest median household income of the 25 cities ranked means that Bel Aire citizens have more purchasing power than any other city in the metro area. Bel Aire residents enjoy a high quality of life for a lower cost. Bel Aire quality of life is 23% lower than the national average!
Living Index Living Index Living Index
Oklahoma City, OK
11. Valley Center
State of Kansas
3. Rose Hill
15. Bel Aire
Kansas City, KS