Woodlawn Expansion Project
Upcoming Woodlawn Schedule and Phases
Currently in Phase 2 (began February 21st):
- Traffic will be north & south bound traffic between 37th to 39th.
- Traffic will only allow north bound traffic from 39th to 45th street.
- Expected to last approximately 10 months (could shorten or lengthen pending any unforeseen items or inclement weather)
- Contractor is to maintain access to drives for businesses/subdivisions either by working on half of the drive at a time or providing a secondary entrance through this phase.
Completed Phase 1
- Expected to last until late January or early February.
- Focused on drainage structure of Quail Ridge and road widenings along west edge of Woodlawn
- All drives and side roads remain open with traffic going in both directions.
- November 2016 - Grant awarded by the Wichita Area Metropolitan Organization (WAMPO) to reconstruct Woodlawn. View those details here.
- May 2018 - Review committee formed to select an engineering firm for the project.
- October 2018 - Preliminary data complete and MKEC begins forming design concepts.
- February 5, 2019 - MKEC presented design concepts to City Council at the Council meeting.
- February 26, 2019 - Public Forum to present design concepts and hear public input.
- March 6, 2019 - Survey mailed to registered voters or available online to gather input from the public.
- March 29, 2019 - Deadline for surveys to be completed and returned.
- April 9, 2019 - City Council discusses all input gathered at the Council workshop.
- April 16, 2019 - City Council approves design for Woodlawn at the Council meeting.
- April 20, 2021 - Kansas Department of Transportation reviews plans.
- July 2021 - Relocation of water mains between Perryton St to Danbury St requiring full closure at work zone (Complete)
- November 17, 2021 - Public Information Meeting held at Isely Elementary to share with citizens and businesses about the proposed schedule and work involved with this project
- November 15, 2021 - Construction start date for Phase 1.
- February 17, 2022 - Phase 2 scheduled to begin.
Project Design Concept:
To view as PDF, click here.