Waste Connections will make one pass through the City.
Waste Connections will not dump trash or recycle carts set out at the curb.
Waste Connections ask that all piles be in an organized fashion, and not just in a large pile of trash.
No construction material allowed. No loose trash or debris.
All items being collected need to be able to be handled by one or two people safely. No box or bag may exceed 40 pounds in weight.
Examples of acceptable items:
- Furniture (chairs, couches, tables, etc.)
- Appliances (washers, dryers, microwaves, small electrical appliances)
- Patio grills and patio furniture
- Push mowers (free of gas and oil) and lawn trimmers
- Tree limbs and branches (cut in 3ft lengths and bundled for easy pick-up)
- Refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners must be tagged by a technician and must have the appropriate paper work included)
- Paint Cans (must be empty and dried up)
Items not accepted:
- Car Batteries
- Oil Filters
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Propane Tanks
- Any Asbestos Materials
- Hazardous Liquids (fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, diesel fuel, gas, oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, etc.
Most of those items can be dropped off at the Sedgwick County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (801 Stillwell). It is free to all Sedgwick County households. Call 660-7458 for more information.